Have any of you ladies gotten your Mammogram this month? This year? And when was the last time you performed a breast self-exam (BSE)? These precautionary measures are methods used to inform you of your breast health.
It’s a known fact that “1 in 8 women in the U.S. will develop breast cancer in her lifetime.” (Caring for Your Breast, Pg. 3) Since this is a known statistic, how can women understand the risk factors for breast cancer?
A Few Things To Know:
- Know who’s at risk and the risk factors
- Understand the parts of the breast; changes in the breast (common and less common changes)
- Know the signs of possible breast cancer
- Perform BSE monthly (preferably after your period)
- Schedule a Mammogram (Recommended annually for women over age 40)
- Key components for Good Breast Health: Exercise, Eating Healthy and Positive Lifestyle Changes
Good breast health is essential, therefore empower yourself as a woman by becoming informed. Choose to educate yourself… BE Aware… Become Knowledgeable!